Friday, October 15, 2010

Unreal

I drove into work this morning thinking – I have to write something, anything.

The truth is, I don’t know what to write. This whole week has been unreal. Even in my best daydreams, I couldn’t image this happening.

Baseball Mom and were talking about the Monday night game we attended in old Arlington Stadium back in the 1980’s. The Cowboys were on MNF, we went to the Rangers game and literally counted the fans in the stands, yet the front page of today’s paper isn’t about Tony Romo’s hangnail or Dez Bryant’s Discover Card bill or even Mike Modano’s return to Dallas – it’s about the Rangers – unreal. Stopping by Krogers after work the other – they had a entire display of game watching snacks anchored by the Rangers gear (not the football team) – I counted 15 people waiting in line to check out wearing various Rangers garb – unreal.
Looking at the series : the Yankees appear to be a team that “turn it on” whenever they want to (although why they didn’t “turn it on” to win the division – is a bit of a mystery to me) . Maybe they aren’t the steamroller they were in the 1990’s when the Rangers played them in post-season, but they are still very, very good. However, the Rangers are pretty good too and more importantly: resilient. The Yankees haven’t face any adversity in the playoffs – maybe the Rangers will give them some.

I can’t make a prediction, in fact I don’t want to.

This season has been beyond belief in so many ways, however this series ends up doesn’t really matter to me (although a win would be awfully good).

I’m going to the game tonight (Thank You again to the Sullivans) and I’m going to enjoy every minute of the unreality of it all..

Go Rangers!! -- Marla Hooch
.

No comments: