Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Friend Jamey Newberg

I've been sitting here most of the evening in front of an white screen trying to calm my irrational urge to write a blog entry that I'd probably wind up deleting, this is the result.

After TR Sullivan left and Jim Reeves retired the quality of the Star Telegram sports page took a giant step backwards, today Randy Galloway and Barry Schlacter took it to a new low

For 12 years I've worked on the Newberg Report with Jamey.  I admire his passion, intelligence and most of all his undying loyalty to our favorite baseball team. 

Whatever was said and written today doesn't matter and means absolutely nothing to me.  Jamey remains one of my most trusted friends and I am very proud to able to say that.

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, And say my glory was I had such friends." -- William Butler Yeats

-- Jamey Newberg's friend Eleanor Czajka (aka Marla Hooch)
.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.