Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Jon Daniels And Ron Washington: Rearranging The Deck Chairs On The Titanic


Chris Shelton – does anyone really think this is the answer to the worst team in the American League’s problems?

We’re all just waiting for the inevitable: a new manager, a new GM and another new 5 year plan.

As I said on the Monday Morning Manager – the problems with this team are much bigger than just a bad hire at manager.

Jason Botts may not realize it right now – but he just got a “get out of jail free” card – while the rest of us are weighted down by the ball and chain known as the Texas Rangers.

Still trying to figure out how Ben Broussard, Frank Catalanotto, Sidney Ponson and Chris Shelton are part of the "plan" for building for the future (while wondering why John Danks, Chris Young and Adrian Gonzalez aren't) --- Marla Hooch

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still though ... a bad day at the Ballpark is better than a good day anywhere else ...

Jon Page said...

Yeah, I'm getting fed up with JD myself... I've cut him a LOT of slack, and I'm getting tired of his indecision.

I don't think that a new GM would mean a new plan, though. I think Nolan Ryan knows what needs to be done... he'll keep a newcomer in line with the Rangers plan.

Micah said...

Amen. I honestly hope Jason is NOT still in this organization. He deserves better.

hefe300 said...

I don't believe Jason Botts will never be an everyday player at the major league level, but I sincerly hope he proves me wrong. You're right about the Shelton call up. There's no positive spin to put on it. The Botts cord cutting was in the mail. It just arrive a little sooner than I expected.

Anonymous said...

Good words.